Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

When a nightmare is a good thing, it's time for a run....

So, last night I had a dream that I was running away from someone.  You know, it should have been one of those scary dreams where you startle awake, heart pounding, eyes darting around the room to see who's there.  Creepy stuff, you know?  Instead I woke up feeling pretty good.

I was RUNNING!  

I don't remember much from the dream, but I do remember hitting the road, running down a dark, deserted street, cars driving by every so often.  But soon enough I left the creepy person behind me and I was just running - as content as could be.  And that is when I woke up.  Weird, huh?  I am not one for dream interpretation, so I don't know exactly what it means.  But, clearly, running is missed in my life, and I am generally a happier person for doing it.

So, I think today I will try to do a little run after the elliptical to see how everything's doing.  I think my subconscience is telling me I can't go much longer without hitting the road.  I'll be on the indoor track, so I think I'll wear my toe shoes.  I know it probably makes no sense, but I feel like I have fewer leg issues when I wear the more minimal shoes.  I like my big, cushioned Nike Pegasus shoes, but I have noticed in the past that wearing them does strain my feet a bit - like they don't know what to do with all that cushioning.  When the weather was fair, I was running trails at least once or twice a week, and I always wore the more minimal shoes for that.  Since moving to the road, I have been in the Pegasus exclusively.  Maybe that is the issue I am having, not enough variety - or too much cushioning.  Anyway, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Shin Update:  It seems to have recovered pretty quickly after my power walk Sunday.  There's been a little tenderness after workouts - elliptical on Monday, rowing yesterday - but it seems to abate quickly enough.  I have been icing like crazy, though, so I think that has helped.  My PT (from my hip issue) has free consults tomorrow with a local running store, so I think I might drop in for that .... again .....  I feel a bit obnoxious about going in to these free consults so often.  Hopefully they don't see it that way.  I'll have to ask the PT when I see her .... again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment