Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Things are Looking Up

Yay! It's Saturday!  Hmm.  That doesn't mean that much for me this week.  With LG being home from school all week and both of us feeling run down, the only thing Saturday brings with it is E. home from school.  Oh yeah - YAY!!!!

I love my children.  Honestly, I do.  I think we can assume I don't really need to explain that to anyone.  However, after a week of being home together with LG, I am ready to hand off the entertainment baton to a 7-year-old.  And, make no mistake, LG is ready for that too.

Right now, as I blissfully sit here - uninterrupted - sipping my coffee and typing on the computer, they are in the other room playing a cutthroat game of Chutes and Ladders.  Bliss.

It doesn't help that LG's and my illness trends this past week were diametrically opposed. (Like my piss-poor attempt at a line chart? I probably could have hand drawn a better one.)

Sickness Trends
Just as LG was starting to feel better after his week of illness, my cold was starting to come on strong.  And, what happens when extreme boredom meets extreme exhaustion?  Well, I am not proud to admit a couple of meltdowns might have occurred on both of our parts.

The good news is though that everyone who was down-and-out is now starting to feel a bit better - even me.  I think I am over the worst of the cold.  In fact, the only one in our household who now is starting to feel a bit puny is Hubby, and that's bad news for him as today he finds himself many hours from home running a 30-mile trail race.  Hopefully, the sinus stuffiness he was experiencing doesn't manifest into anything worse, and he gets through his race fine.  I guess I'll know more later when he gets back.

So, with the body starting to feel a bit better, I may try a light rowing session on the ERG today.  If that goes well, then I would like to try running tomorrow - or at least walking - outside.  Some fresh air would probably do me good.  I think it's safe to say that the scheduled 20-miler is out, but if I could even get an hour in I would feel ahead of the game at this point.  Of course, even if it is just 20 minutes, it would still be better than nothing at this point.

Food Experimentation Update:

I thought I would report that I made that chocolate peanut butter recipe I had made up in my head, and the verdict was ... drumroll, please ... It tastes like peanut butter.  Huh.  Well, I might try to rethink that, but I just don't know how important it is to me.

As a final thought, I thought I would share this photo of me finishing the Disney Marathon.  This is the only running photo I have ever ordered of myself.  Usually I can't stand the way I look in running photos, but for some reason I liked this one. I think it was because of Mickey Mouse, or maybe it was the fact that Tinker Bell was following me across the finish!  (Okay, maybe it was actually the flash from the camera taking a picture of a picture....Still, it seems like a cool idea.)


Happy Running!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are all feeling much better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I am finally on the mend. We'll see. I sure hate getting sick, but sometimes I just think our bodies need rest.

      Delete