Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

The journey of 100 miles begins with a single step - tomorrow!

They say a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.  Well, tomorrow, the journey of 100 miles begins for my Hubby, the guy I like to call Distance Dude on this blog.  He will be toeing the line of his first 100-mile running event.  And, I can't even imagine.

Hubby has run three 50-milers and 21 marathons.  When he first got it in his head to try for 100 miles, I do not exactly know.  But he did get it in his head, and he has worked hard for this.  I can't accompany him on this journey; it's one that he'll have to take on his own - with the help of a friend to pace him in the last 38 miles.

How will he do?  No clue.  Since those first few early races, he has come a long way.  I know he'll give it his all, and whether in the end it turns out to be good, bad, or ugly, I think it is amazing that he is doing it.

Hubby right after his first marathon in 2005
Hubby after his third 50-miler a few weeks ago

4 comments:

  1. EPIC. My thoughts will be with Distance Dude this weekend as he sets out to make it real! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...100 miler? Very impressive! My thoughts are with him for a safe and worthwhile run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go, Distance Dude! That will probably feel so amazing at the finish. And I'm impressed he has a friend who can pace him for 38 miles! And he must go through a ton of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 41 down and a bunch to go... Go get 'em D.D.!

    ReplyDelete